The successful MPKT Account Manager should provide well developed value propositions to his or her customers. They should be able to sell consultatively and provide value to existing customers with exemplary follow up. Focus will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Initiates and takes ownership of principles of territory management including:
- Strategic Territory Planning
- Account planning
- Selling processes
- Post-sales implementation processes
- Deal economics – Financial ownership of the business they drive and maintain. Don’t like the phrase deal economics.
- Make decisions at the account and territory level to positively impact margin.
- Develop new business by penetrating accounts and converting competitive products.
- Implement a Business Plan to meet overall strategic corporate sales objectives and quotas for the entire product offering.
- Analyze margin gain or loss and explain what is influencing that change.
- Managing the sales process specific to Medical Action products, to include:
· Maintaining high retention rate of current business through outstanding service.
- Maintaining all contacts for each given account with latest call records for product lines.
- Selling all assigned products with a minimum goal of 90% penetration.
- Continuing to influence customers to see and understand the value that Medical Action products bring to them.
- Operational implementation of new products and sales.
- Customer education associated with MAI products.
- Consistently creating value for the customer by using MAI, industry and hospital knowledge to affect a projects outcome.
- Provide the highest level of customer responsiveness by utilizing a smart phone device and being available to your customers, sometimes during non-business hours
- Demonstrate fiscal restraint and exhibit behavior associated with a desire to increase earnings and profitability in their territory.
- Participate in divisional, area and regional meetings.
- Manage GPO and IDN contracts to maximize penetration of sales within accounts.
- Manage relationships
- Drive sales in non-contracted facilities or non-contracted products by showing the value of the products and service
- Understanding of decision making process in key clinical areas within the hospital --
- Infusion Therapy
- Infection Control
- Emergency Department/Room
- Where pain Management is sold (clinics and hospitals)
- Comfortable presenting to a group of senior level decision makers. Able to clearly communicate a value proposition and have a group “buy-in” to a vision.
- Developing relationships and working collaboratively with supply chain distribution partners including Owens & Minor, Cardinal Health, Medline and other regional partners.
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge of customer industry including:
- Key competitors
- Reimbursement and government regulation
- Demonstrate working knowledge of how supply distribution partners offerings match with a customers’ unique business needs.
- Developing relationships with your customer base, specifically in the following departments:
- Materials/Purchasing/Central Stores
- Infusion Therapy
- Infection Control
- Emergency Department
- Clinics that deal with Pain Management
- Clinical Education
- Central Supply/SPD
- Nursing Administration
- Hospital Foundation
- Maintain strong relationships and work closely with your EHS team to grow our divisional and corporate sales.
- Maintain strong relationships with your local MAI Patient Care and Clinical OR counterpart helping each other with leads and leveraging business together.
- Maintain strong relationships and work closely with Marketing to provide feedback on products, services and programs. Also keep them abreast of emerging products or new ideas to grow, as well as, competitive activity.
- Meet and exceed all administrative requirements of position, including:
- Email and voicemail communication
- Preparing and activating all necessary contracting and sales paperwork
- Consistent use of sales reporting tools
- Quarterly Targeting forms – my work book
- Maintaining Sales Tracker – Wins, Losses, Contacts
- Expense reporting
- GPO compliance reporting
- Pricing process
- Complaint process
- Meeting Requests
- Adhoc requests
- Complete ADP time sheet bimonthly
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in medsurg industry or advanced knowledge of industry.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and follow up.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· 15% sitting in an office environment, spent on a computer/telephone; 85% interacting with customers in the field.
· Requires extensive travel locally or nationally to include representing the Company and interacting with customers.
· Must be trained to effectively withstand stress.
· Full range of motion to bend and reach to perform filing and records retention duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work partially in a smoke-free, office setting, rest of the time on the road. This position interacts extensively with customers and employees within corporate headquarters and in the field.